Mobile Application Development and Security
Mobile applications frequently deal with sensitive data and can have serious impact on the privacy of users and the security of organizations deploying them. Denim Group’s secure development team specializes in building mobile applications that protect sensitive data as well as securing mobile systems to defend against compromise.
Denim Group’s Mobile Offerings
Denim Group’s team of developers are trained to consider and address security threats before, during and after the development of mobile and smartphone applications. Read More >>
Denim Group has assessed mobile applications for a variety of industries, including financial services and healthcare, and has conducted numerous assessments of custom applications running on Apple iOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows Mobile environments. Denim Group's mobile security assessment methodology looks at the system as a whole. Read More >>
Most developers are new to creating mobile applications, and they are especially not trained to develop secure mobile applications. Taught by practicing developers with years of multi-platform development experience, classroom training classes provide a working knowledge of the threats and countermeasures encountered in the application security arena using a mixture of security concepts and hands-on development training.
- Smartphone Application Security – This course provides an introduction to security for mobile and smartphone applications. Read More >>
ThreadStrong e-Learning Courses
ThreadStrong is geared to provide the highest quality instructional experience for students in a self-paced format. The courses include complex graphics and animations, detailed examples, and review questions to test student comprehension. Denim Group currently offers the following mobile e-Learning courses, in a variety of delivery formats:
- Overview of Mobile Application Security This course provides is an introduction to the basic concepts and best practices of secure development for mobile devices, concentrating on Android and iOS. Read More >>
- Authentication and Authorization for iOS/Android Mobile Devices This course provides an overview of common authentication and authorization approaches for the Android and iOS platforms. Read More >>
- Secure Mobile Application Development Reference by Dan Cornell
- Smart Phones Dumb Apps, View Slides >>, Watch Video >>
- Designing Secure Mobile Apps, View Slides >>
- Mobile Browser Content Handling: Potential Risks and Mitigations, View Slides >>
- Four Security Concerns Enterprises Developing Mobile Applications Must Address by Dan Cornell, February 2011, IDG Connect
- Mobile Application Developers Face Security Challenges by Brian Prince, November 2010, eWeek (featuring Dan Cornell)
- Smart Mobile | Five Things for Smart Mobile Application Developers to Know About Security by Dan Cornell, August 2010, Smart Product Ecosystem Connections (SPEC)
- Smartphone Vulnerabilities on the Rise: Disclosing Flaws and Protecting Apps Against Attacks by Dan Cornell, June 2010, Smart Product Ecosystem Connections (SPEC)
- AT&T iPad 3G breach teaches smartphone security lessons by John Cox, June 2010, Network World (featuring Dan Cornell)
Contact us to discuss your organization's specific needs
Call (210) 572-4400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.